Butch

Butch
Waiting for the ball

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

What's an Oncologist?

Last Wednesday, August 11, 2010 my family took me to another doctor. He's called an Oncologist. That's a doctor that specializes in cancer. I have cancer. He looked at my tumor and felt all around it. He says there's no way to remove it because it's so big. He says we have to try to shrink it. He took me in the back and took some of my blood. It didn't hurt. I'm a big boy you know...

He sent us home with some medicine. I have to take Prednisone to try to shrink my tumor and to make me feel better. I also have to take Benadryl (for itching) and Pepcid so my tummy doesn't hurt. Prednisone is a steroid. It makes me very thirsty and very hungry and I have to go pee a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment