In the last 5 weeks or so, I've learned more about Canine Mast Cell Tumors than I ever wanted to know. I was diagnosed with a tumor (on or about July 10, 2010). I didn't know what that meant at the time. The itching was driving me crazy! Sometimes I would just cry because I couldn't reach the tumor to scratch it. You see, it's on my behind - what the doctor calls the "perineal" area. I can't reach it to scratch, or lick, or anything! It's so annoying!
The doctor told us it is probably cancer. I don't think this is a good thing because it made my family cry. They took me back to the doctor and they made me go to sleep so that they could cut a piece of the tumor out and send it to the lab. I didn't like being left at the doctor all day while my family is at work.
We found out that my tumor is cancer. It is a Grade II Malignant Mast Cell Tumor. It is growing - very fast. It is also bleeding. My family sometimes puts a diaper on me. I don't like this either, but it keeps me from making a mess on the floor.
No comments:
Post a Comment